[R-sig-Geo] Moran Index n ape and spdep package

Stefano Menichetti s.menichetti at arpat.toscana.it
Tue Jan 17 09:22:11 CET 2017

Good morning at all, I'm new on R and also I'm not so practical with
spatial analysis by Moran index. So, I've some practice in kriging to
interpolate adn before to judge by variogram effective spatial
autocorrelation of my actual data resolution.
Recently I've discover Moran index that give me, it seems, a sound
statistical judgment about effective autocorrelation and perhaps spatial
continuity.

I've used "ape" package to perform a Moran evaluation by simple weight
by inverse distance
library("ape")
View(myData) (X, Y, Z attribute of pollutant concentration)
myData.dists <- as.matrix(dist(cbind(myData$X,myData$Y)))
myData.dists.inv <- 1/myData.dists
diag(myData.dists.inv) <- 0
Moran.I(myData$PCE,myData.dists.inv)

Forgive my difficulties but I can not play a similar syntax with
"spdep". Example are not clear for me.

Can you show me an example ?

Thank you very much in advance

Stefano