[R-sig-Geo] Creating points along polylines

Tristan Bourgeois tristan.bourgeois at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 14:21:41 CET 2017

Dear all,

I'm looking for a way to create points along polylines in 2 different cases
:

- First case :

I want to create points along  2 polyline layers (hydrographic network)
with a step between each point of *x *meters (as the QGIs pluggin "Locate
points along lines" is able to do)

Then, for these two "Points layers" I want to join the created points from
one layer to the nearest points of the other one (as the  QGIs pluggin
"MMGIS / HubDistance" does so)

- Second case :

I have a polyline layer (hydrographic network) which is sectionned into
several parts. I want to create points at each sections' extremities and
get teh coordinates of each of these points.

Hope my explanations are enough clear ?

Thanks in advance and have a sweet weekend !

Cheers.

--
Tristan Bourgeois