[R-sig-Geo] HELP: Fitting a model variogram

Kareem Longwe kareemlongwe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 10:55:51 CET 2017

Dear all
I am trying to fit a model variogram, but I am stuck on *ini.cov.pars. *I
am working in R.

Would anyone give me a clue how to estimate the 'partial sill and range'. I
have tried changing numbers but I continuously get the following error
message in R:

 Warning messages:
1: In variofit(vario.pht, cov.model = "exponential", ini.cov.pars =
initial.values,  :
  unreasonable initial value for sigmasq (too high)
2: In variofit(vario.pht, cov.model = "exponential", ini.cov.pars =
initial.values,  :
  unreasonable initial value for sigmasq + nugget (too high).

Thanks

*Kareem Longwe*
*NEPADSAN*Bio Student Ambassador
MSc Student, Agronomy
Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources
P.O. Box 219.

klongwe at bunda.luanar.mw
+265 996 31 66 22