[R-sig-Geo] is the nugget parameter included in the "VariogramLine" function in gstat?

bernard julien bernard2120 at outlook.com
Mon Dec 4 17:30:46 CET 2017

Good day all,

I would like to know apply a smoothing effect to my kriging and thus, would like to include the nugget when generating my Covariance matrices for both measured and unmeasured locations.

I am generating my Covariance matrices using the variogramLine function as follows:

covariates <= variogram( response~covariate1+covariate2, spatial_df,cressie=TRUE)

A <- vgm("Exp")
myvariog<- fit.variogram(covariates, A)

V = variogramLine( myvariog, dist_vector = sp::spDists(as.matrix(measured), as.matrix(measured), longlat=FALSE),covariance = TRUE)

Is it assumed the nugget is included when forming the Covariance matrix when using VariogramLine?

thank you.

Bernard