[R-sig-Geo] make a raster from Aquarius files

Antonio Silva aolinto.lst at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 21:27:56 CET 2017

Thanks Ben and Michael for the attention

The file I'm trying to rasterize can be downloaded at
https://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi/l3

I selected the Aquarius sea surface salinity smoothed file from June 2015
(SMI HDF).

As Ben pointed it is also available from OBPG Nasa Ocean Color site at
https://oceandata.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/Aquarius/Mapped/Monthly/1deg/V5.0_SSS/

or directly from
https://oceandata.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi/getfile/Q20151522015181.L3m_MO_SCISM_V5.0_SSS_1deg.bz2

Thanks again