[R-sig-Geo] average bearing of animal movement data

Alice Domalik adomalik at sfu.ca
Wed Aug 2 20:25:22 CEST 2017

Hi there,

I have seabird tracking data and I have used both the packages 'trip' and 'move' to calculate the max distance travelled (using the function 'homedist' in 'trip', and 'distanceSummary' in 'move').
I would also like to describe the bearing of each animal when it is at its maximum displacement from the colony. I am wondering if anyone knows any packages that can calculate this. Alternatively, if someone knows how I can extract the coordinates of the location of maximum displacement.

thanks so much!