[R-sig-Geo] How to use vector tiles in leaflet or mapview

Tim Appelhans tim.appelhans at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 15:54:19 CEST 2016

Marcel,
no for mapview and I am 99% certain also no for leaflet.

Though mapview will render large vector data sets (tested for up to 3
million points or line/polygons vertexes). This is, however, not very
flexible (e.g. no coloring by attribute etc.) and will not be compatible
with any other leaflet or mapview functionality.

Tim

On 21.09.2016 14:38, Marcel Stadelmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to build an interactive webmap in R. Because of the big amount of data i want to try vector tiles technic. My geometries are usually stored in topojson. In JavaScript exists a plugin called geojson-vt. Is there a way to use this already in R?
>
> Any idea to use vector tiles in leaflet or mapview or an other library?
>
> Thank you,
> Marcel

#####################################
Tim Appelhans
Department of Geography
Environmental Informatics
Philipps Universität Marburg
Deutschhausstraße 12
Raum 00A08
35032 Marburg (Paketpost: 35037 Marburg)
Germany

Tel +49 (0) 6421 28-25957

http://environmentalinformatics-marburg.de/