[R-sig-Geo] Newbie questions

quantrum75 quantrum75 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 17:39:16 CEST 2016

Hello Tim,Thank you so much for the reply! I shall surely check out gDistance in rgeos for the distance distribution. That is definitely a question for consideration since we think the boundary influences the location of the growths.
For the issue related to differential growth of islands (as polygons), what would your advice be? Any hints, tips or suggestions? Would a weighted point process distribution analysis be appropriate? What kind of a regression model would be appropriate?
I hugely appreciate any insights.RegardsQuant