[R-sig-Geo] GEOMED 2017 – “Deeper insight from big data and small areas” - update

Carla Oliveira carlaoliveir at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:58:42 CEST 2016

*Conference*: Geomed2017

*Location*: Porto, Portugal
*Venue*: I3S – Instituto de Investigação e Inovação em Saúde
*Dates*: Sept. 7, 2017 - Sept. 9, 2017

*Website*: http://www.i3s.up.pt/geomed2017/index.html

Dear list,

The *Institute for Research and Innovation in Health **(Instituto de
Investigação e Inovação em Saúde) *(i3S), is pleased to announce GEOMED
2017 – “Deeper insight from big data and small areas”. GEOMED 2017 is the X
international interdisciplinary conference on spatial statistics,
geographical epidemiology and geographical aspects of public health. This
conference will be held in Porto, Portugal, from 7 to 9 September 2017 and
aims to bring together statisticians, geographers, epidemiologists,
computer scientists and public health professionals to discuss spatial and
spatio-temporal methods in health studies.

The interdisciplinary mix of the invited speakers is designed to ensure
that the conference will be of interest to participants with a wide range
of different backgrounds.

We invite you to submit an abstract in any one of the topic areas  planned
for GEOMED 2017 which include: GIS in Public Health; Spatial Health
Surveillance; Spatial survival and registry data analysis; Clustering of
temporal trends in space-time disease mapping; Agent-based modeling;
Modifiable areal unit issues and methods; Social networks and spatial
epidemiology: tools, opportunities and challenges; Modelling
climate-sensitive disease; Places and health: implications for
understanding health in cities; Modelling and inference in infectious
disease epidemiology; The use of linked data in spatial epidemiology;
Joint Modelling with Spatial Variation; Health Applications of the Google
Earth Engine; Challenges and Advances in Spatio-Temporal Disease Modelling.

Important deadlines are:
April 15, 2017 - Deadline for submission of abstracts

May 25, 2017 - Notification of acceptance of contributed talk and poster

June 15, 2017 -Deadline for early registration

For more details, please visit the conference website at:
http://www.i3s.up.pt/geomed2017/index.html

(Note: Please ignore the link sent in the previous email and consider this
link)

On behalf of the organizing committee, I very much look forward to
welcoming you to GEOMED 2017.