[R-sig-Geo] Error with loading rJava for spcosa [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Nov 25 09:23:31 CET 2016

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016, Li Jin wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been using library(spcosa) in R version 3.2.3 (2015-12-10) and all worked well, until today.
>
> The error was as below when I called:
>>  library(spcosa)
> Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rJava', details:
>  call: fun(libname, pkgname)
>  error: JAVA_HOME cannot be determined from the Registry
> Error: package 'rJava' could not be loaded
>
> Although rJava was installed, I reinstalled it, successfully as:
>>   install.packages("rJava")
> --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
> trying URL 'https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/3.2/rJava_0.9-8.zip'
> Content type 'application/zip' length 765340 bytes (747 KB)
> downloaded 747 KB
>
> package 'rJava' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>
> The downloaded binary packages are in
>        C:\Users\u09672\AppData\Local\Temp\1\Rtmp2PslO0\downloaded_packages
>
> But when I called:
>> library(rJava)
> Error in get(Info[i, 1], envir = env) :
>  lazy-load database 'C:/LegacyApps/R-3.2.3/library/rJava/R/rJava.rdb' is corrupt
> In addition: Warning messages:
> 1: package 'rJava' was built under R version 3.2.5
> 2: In get(Info[i, 1], envir = env) : internal error -3 in R_decompress1
> Error: package or namespace load failed for 'rJava'
>
> When I called:
>>  library(spcosa)
> Error in get(Info[i, 1], envir = env) :
>  lazy-load database 'C:/LegacyApps/R-3.2.3/library/rJava/R/rJava.rdb' is corrupt
> In addition: Warning messages:
> 1: package 'rJava' was built under R version 3.2.5
> 2: In get(Info[i, 1], envir = env) : internal error -3 in R_decompress1
> Error: package 'rJava' could not be loaded
>
> Looks like something is wrong with loading "rJava". The only thing has
> been changed is that my PC was refreshed recently.

Three possibilities: you may need rJava built for R 3.2.3 - you are warned
about the mis-match; the refreshing of your PC may have taken away
something the rJava needed when it loaded; and the rJava Windows binary
may be corrupted on your mirror - try a different mirror.

Try replacing R 3.2.3 with the current R 3.3.2, and update all your
packages (all Windows binary packages for R < 3.3 were built using an
older compiler, all for R >= 3.3 with a newer compiler, and they are not
mutually compatible if they include compiled code.

Roger