[R-sig-Geo] v.split.length (GRASS) in R

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Nov 24 09:09:14 CET 2016

Before giving advice, please do ask for clarification. There is no
v.split.length in GRASS at all, there is only v.split. Without a fully
specified GRASS command, such as:

v.split -n input=??, output=??, length=10.0, units="meters"

which means add vertices each 10m, but do not split the vector line, we
could think that the OP wants to divide a line into contiguous shorter
segments. What does the OP actually want to do? Once we know that (which
we do not), we can offer advice, including running the command in GRASS -
which should be done anyway to ensure that the output of R-only approaches
matches the desired output object.

Roger