[R-sig-Geo] How the "gSymdifference" of rgoes package calculating the symmetric distance between two polygon

chris english englishchristophera at gmail.com
Sun May 22 16:38:17 CEST 2016

Hi Kaushik,

Strictly speaking that is the R code that is calling another library GEOS,
originally implemented in Java, and ported to c++. Poking around in your
GEOS library may lead to area gSimdifference. If there were developer
issues or discussions regarding implementation of area and Simdifference,
googling Sandro Santilli and the term of interest might prove useful.
HTH,
Chris