[R-sig-Geo] Cran R Bagidis (semi-metric) and functional curve data

chris english englishchristophera at gmail.com
Wed May 18 13:56:44 CEST 2016

Hi,

Has anyone applied the CRAN R Bagidis package to animal movement data or
other functional curve data (EEG, Ecog, bird flight, econometrics)?

>From the documentation:
This semi-distance allows for comparing curves with sharp local patterns
that might not be well aligned from one curve to another. It is data-driven
and highly adaptive to the curves being studied. Its main originality is
its ability to consider simultaneously horizontal and vertical variations
of patterns, which proovess highly useful when used together with
clustering algorithms or visualization method.

I've found it reliably finds the same inflection or change points I'm
finding through primarily L2 euclidian triangulation.  I especially like
that it doesn't care if time courses differ. It is marvelously well
documented as to theory, though seems it would greatly benefit from a
vignette.

My current data is eyetracking but it shares many characteristics of animal
movement sensor data.  Thanks for your attention and consideration. I would
appreciate the opportunity to discuss.

Chris