[R-sig-Geo] Mask a map using statistical significance

Rubén Fernández-Casal rubenfcasal at gmail.com
Mon May 9 23:59:16 CEST 2016

I will appreciate instructions to reproduce this map...

Thanks...

Ruben FC

El 05/05/2016 00:06, "Thiago V. dos Santos via R-sig-Geo" <
r-sig-geo at r-project.org> escribió: Thanks Barry and Arnaud (off-list) for
the valuable hints. I ended up managing to use rasterVis' levelplot to
produce the map I was looking for. The key step was to convert the raster I
wanted to use as a mask to SpatialPoints, and then pass it as an additional
layer to levelplot. The final map, produced using my actual data, can be
visualized here: https://dl.
dropboxusercontent.com/u/27700634/rainfall_trend.png. Stippling indicates
regions exceeding the 95% statistical significance.