[R-sig-Geo] Fwd: R-sig-Geo Digest, Vol 153, Issue 4

John Lewis jelewis02 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 16:20:45 CEST 2016

Hi,
I think there is a more fundamental problem that you should consider. The
use of p values and set significant levels are seriously being questioned
as good statistical modelling practises. You might want to look at the
recent policy statement by the American Statistical Association on this
topic. There is even a strong movement to convince editors not to review
papers which base the results on the above methods or at least advise the
use of different procedures.
If you are interested in reading this policy statement I would be happy to
send a pdf copy.
Cheers,
John Lewis

Message: 1