[R-sig-Geo] Standard deviational ellipses (like in Crimestat)

Roberto Patuelli roberto.patuelli at unibo.it
Fri Mar 25 11:06:33 CET 2016

Dear All,

Many years ago I used CrimeStat to generate standard deviational ellipses relating location of a certain points (say banks) to the location of other points (say Internet providers - ISPs). The software allowed me to generate an ellipse for each ISP of the dispersion of banks around them.

I was wondering: is it possible to have a similar analysis in R?
I found the command calc_sde from package aspace, which appears to compute such ellipse, but only one, given the set of points. Are there alternatives out there which would allow to have an ellipse per centre (per ISP, in my example), given the whole set of points (banks, in my example)?

Thanks in advance,
Roberto

********************
Roberto Patuelli, Ph.D.