[R-sig-Geo] Fill NoData cells in a raster

Marine Regis marine.regis at hotmail.fr
Fri Mar 18 00:27:16 CET 2016

Hello,

I am beginner in spatial statistics and I would need some advice. I have a raster that is based on a grid of 30 m resolution and in which each cell is assigned to one of ten land cover types (coded as 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 10 in the raster). However, there are some NoData cells in the raster. Is there an efficient way to fill NoData cells with reasonable values of land cover types? Should I use an interpolation method?

Thank you very much for your time.

Marine