[R-sig-Geo] R has been accepted for GSoC 2016

VIRGILIO GOMEZ RUBIO Virgilio.Gomez at uclm.es
Wed Mar 2 08:45:24 CET 2016

Dear all,

I know that this is a bit off topic but the R project has been accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2016. As stated by Gergely in his blog [1]:

"In short, Google offers $5,000 to the accepted students to work on open-source and useful R packages for a few months with the help of mentors, who get contributed code instead of money from this nice, alternative and open summer ~internship.”

Now it it s the time to develop project proposals that should be included here:

https://github.com/rstats-gsoc/gsoc2016/wiki/table-of-proposed-coding-projects

Projects can be proposed by students (looking for mentors) and mentors (who will be looking for student). Please, let me encourage you to submit proposals about any spatial project you have in mind.

Best wishes,

Virgilio

P.S: Mentors will also get a very nice t-shirt. :D

[1] http://blog.rapporter.net/2016/03/r-projects-at-google-summer-of-code-2016.html