[R-sig-Geo] Create circular polygon of certain radius in R

Bede-Fazekas Ákos bfalevlist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 17:29:26 CEST 2016

Hi Giacomo,

you should use a projection that is planar (azimuthal). Select one
planar projection, use spTransform() from sp package to transform your
data to the selected planar projection, and then everything will works fine.
Some links:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Map_projection#Azimuthal_.28projections_onto_a_plane.29
http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/
http://www.inside-r.org/packages/cran/rgdal/docs/spTransform