[R-sig-Geo] `kest` radius limits?

Nick Eubank nickeubank at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:10:32 CEST 2016

Thanks Adrian. I think my confusion is that there are lots of points that
are more than r units away.

Sweden is basically a tall, thin rectangle. It's ~260km wide at its
narrowest point, but it's 1400km tall. And my point density is pretty high,
so for any point, there are lots of other points at more than 160km (just
not in all directions). In other words, the maximum distance from any point
to the boundary is NOT 160km. Thus my confusion.

Also, I've been overriding the `xlim` too -- the x-axis of the plot window
runs all the way to the value I want (300km), and the null poisson model
runs to 300km, it's just the estimates of k(r) that stop.

I don't think I can send pics to the r-geos list, but I'll email the image
to you.

(Ordered your book, btw)