[R-sig-Geo] [FORGED] Re: Problems with rbind(list(), makeUniqueIDs=T)

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Jul 23 05:09:32 CEST 2016

On 23/07/16 15:00, Bacou, Melanie wrote:
> Thanks! I wonder why the original syntax passing a list used to work (I
> believe).
>
> For a much longer (and unknown) list of SpatialPolygonsDataFrames could
> an approach using do.call() work instead? I tried but:
>
>  > m <- do.call(rbind, m, makeUniqueIDs=T)
> Error in do.call(rbind, m, makeUniqueIDs = T) :
>    unused argument (makeUniqueIDs = T)

<SNIP>

The syntax has to be do.call(function,list.of.args.to.function).

In this case:

     do.call(rbind,c(m,list(makeUniqueIDs=TRUE)))

BTW --- *don't* use the abbreviation "T" for "TRUE".  The object T is
over-writeable (whereas TRUE is not!) and this can lead on occasion to
mysterious errors accompanied by incomprehensible error messages.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Technical Editor ANZJS