[R-sig-Geo] Simple features for R, part 2

chris english englishchristophera at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 18:04:03 CEST 2016

Edzer,

I especially appreciate it is all S3 and can be heterogeneous under
'geometrycollection'.  Tests, of course, are important and
having fully fledged GEOS (though this may have to, eventually, cede to
something like CGAL if the drive is additionally to 3+d).
As to dimentionality (3d+) in GDAL-land, Frank and now Evan have been
implementing variations for the past 10 years, even as
4dim gets expressed as 3dim, it doesn't error. So perhaps is is a function
of post-processing after GDAL for achieving higher dimensionality for
visualizatioin
and other purposes. So now to become an adept at lists of sets of lists.
Just wish I'd noticed this a little while ago.

Chris English