[R-sig-Geo] Announcing the R Shapefile Contest

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Jul 14 19:36:48 CEST 2016

The CRAN Windows and OSX rgdal binaries have supported GPKG for some time now. It would be great to give the driver some traction.

Norwegian School of Economics
Bergen, Norway

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 7:16 PM +0200, "boB Rudis" <bob at rudis.net<mailto:bob at rudis.net>> wrote:

IIRC at least the r-forge rgdal supports GDAL 2.0 which (I'm assuming)
means it can read GeoPackage files. If that's true, then I'm sure Ari
wldn't mind it being classified as a "shapefile".

Barry: (this is in lieu of a google search on my part after work) do
you have any links to some public GeoPackage files handy to paste?