[R-sig-Geo] Announcing the R Shapefile Contest

arilamstein at gmail.com arilamstein at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 17:22:55 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let people here know that I am sponsoring the "R Shapefile
Contest":

http://www.arilamstein.com/blog/2016/07/12/announcing-r-shapefile-contest/

For the last few years I've done a lot of work with creating choropleth
maps of government datasets. But I've also felt a bit limited, in that I
don't know the full range of analyses that R can do with shapefiles.

I'm hoping that this contest can get a lot of submissions which really show
off the types of analyses that can be done with R and shapefiles.

If you have the time and interest, please consider submitting an entry! If
you would like to support the contest but aren't able to submit an entry
yourself, please considering sharing news about it with your colleagues,
via social media, etc.

Ari