[R-sig-Geo] Minimum bounding circle from cluster of points (Tina Cormier)

Bacou, Melanie mel at mbacou.com
Sun Jul 10 02:50:53 CEST 2016

Interesting problem, it seems the exact approach is given by Fischer,
2003 and is implemented in a C++ CGAL package (see
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9063453/how-to-compute-the-smallest-bounding-sphere-enclosing-other-bounding-spheres).

I haven't found any binding for R, but there's an implementation in
PostGIS `ST_MinimumBoundingCircle()` (see
http://postgis.net/docs/ST_MinimumBoundingCircle.html).

Others might be more up to date.
--Mel.