[R-sig-Geo] mapping of administrative areas to postal codes

Richa Agarwal agaricha at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 02:13:51 CET 2016

Thanks guys!!
I was able to download the .json file using the .bash script at
https://gist.github.com/scw/f761b6c5fe2508eeb94c

I have demand data by zip code. I would like to figure out how I can map
that data on this file. I understand that since the shape file has only 5
regions I might have to aggregate all my postal code data to 5 regions and
then plot. However, I am not sure what the mapping is from postal cadets to
these regions.