[R-sig-Geo] raster package and tiling schemes

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 06:22:35 CET 2016

Hi there, does raster or any related package have any built-in  schemes
that allow for easy management of tiles?

Raster itself provides a very powerful platform for building such a scheme,
since we can reasonably easily reclassify analogous RasterLayers at
different resolutions, and map cell values from one raster to another -
being careful with tile overlaps and alignment of course.

Anyone working on such a thing already, or got any grand plans?

I know rgdal and friends provide access to the GDAL tools in various ways,
but I want something in R only.

Cheers, Mike
--
Dr. Michael Sumner