[R-sig-Geo] Universal Block Kriging covariate definition for krige in gstat

Antonio Manuel Moreno Ródenas argantonio65 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 15:07:06 CET 2016

Thanks a lot Edzer,

I'm not sure that would work.
In that way I would transfer to the kriging function the averaged value of
the covariate in the block. I'm not sure that would make the kriging behave
correctly.

All the points calculated with the prediction inside the block (and later
averaged to give the block kriging prediction) will have as "drift" the
average of the covariate in the block. Instead of getting the correct
spatial variability inside the block (given by the covariate). At first
sight it doesn't seems correct to me. Am I wrong?

kind regards