[R-sig-Geo] APHRODITE V1101R2 NetCDF

Andres Diaz madiazl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 11:04:05 CET 2016

Dear Iztirab,

For the size of your data you can use the package ncdf4 and rdhf5,
nevertheless, I was working with these files some weeks ago, and when the
files have huge quantity of data (I was working in a global scale with file
of 800 millions of elements) the RAM memory collapse. Python in this sense
is a little bit more powerful for the managing of big quantity of data.

If you decide to use python, the library to install is called netCDF4

Best,

Andrés Díaz
Postdoctoral Researcher
Institute for Environmental Studies - IVM
VU University Amsterdam
De Boelelaan 1085 (visiting address)
De Boelelaan 1087 (postal address)
1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands