[R-sig-Geo] WKT coordinate system string (PRJ) to PROJ.4

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 12:05:23 CET 2016

> On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 at 21:09 Michael Sumner <mdsumner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, is there any R-level way to convert a WKT/PRJ *coordinate system*
string to
> PROJ.4 used by sp/rgdal?

I see it in ogr_proj.cpp at line 124:

if (hSRS->exportToProj4(&pszProj4) != OGRERR_NONE) {

Roger, Edzer: could we please expose that functionality from rgdal to input
WKT from R?

Is that feasible? I'll have a look at doing it myself . . . I know it's a
distraction from other goals.

Thank you.

Cheers, Mike.

--