[R-sig-Geo] Intersect shapefiles

chris english englishchristophera at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 15:23:34 CET 2016

John,

As Loic suggests, rgeos::gIntersection will get you there. Look closely at
his naming of objects and your example code using spTransform. With his
approach, each object has its own name; whereas your approach overwrites
Rain_poly_merge the second and third time and the final object (third) is
the 2008 maize yield. So read your shapefiles into differently named
objects and use Loic's approach.

Chris