[R-sig-Geo] display location on google earth

Felipe Carrillo mazatlanmexico at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 18:51:33 CET 2016

Hi;I have a shapefile named 'Wolf' that I can display in google with the following code:  # Show the shapefile on top of google
 writeOGR(Wolf, "Wolf.kml", "Wolf", driver="KML")
 system("open Wolf.kml")

However, I am having problems with a single set of coordinates that I would like to use to display a location.Could someone show me how to display on google with the following coordinates?
 Latitude 38°34'02",   Longitude 121°23'14"   NAD27
I have tried:
 require(rgdal)
 library(sp)
lat <- '38.34477586'
 lon <- '-121.23387625'

 # make a data frame
 coords <- as.data.frame(cbind(lon=lon,lat=lat))
 coords
 # make it a spatial object
 coordinates(coords) <- ~lat+lon
 coords <- spTransform(coords)

But I am getting the following error:
Error in (function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
  unable to find an inherited method for function ‘spTransform’ for signature ‘"CRS", "missing"’