[R-sig-Geo] importing raster with embedded colors

Alexander Brown a.brown at ieee.org
Tue Aug 30 11:31:02 CEST 2016

​​
GDAL's R API is complete, and does provide access to image metadata
including color table mapping of pixel values in TIFF format rasters.  The
pixel value is used to index the color mapping table. See
http://gdal.org/gdal_datamodel.html and search for "color table" -- it's at
the far end of the page.  You may still have to find more info on use of
this color table by the map's designer.

Alex Brown (a.brown at ieee.org)