[R-sig-Geo] SLX model for splm package in R

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Aug 30 08:43:47 CEST 2016

On Tue, 30 Aug 2016, dfamaral at usp.br wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Impacts in SLX model are calculated directly by parameters estimation:
>
> http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jors.12188/abstract
>
> Beta1 gives direct impact and Beta 2 the indirect:
>
> y = beta1*X + beta2*WX + e

Yes, but you need the total impact beta1+beta2, but more work to infer
from that sum, which is what you need to assess the impact of X.

> I understand W must multiply T times the X matrix (T is the lenght of
> time series for a panel data). And variables are demeaned after WX is
> calculated.

Kronecker product of sparse matrices. Please contribute a patch for
create_WX if desirable.

Please motivate the demean-after-lag concusion. Will this not affect the
direct link between X and WX?

Roger

>>> https://scholar.google.no/citations?user=AWeghB0AAAAJ&hl=en