[R-sig-Geo] ArcGIS File Geodatabase Format

Richard Barnes rbarnes at umn.edu
Mon Aug 29 22:58:14 CEST 2016

I've just released C++ source code at
https://github.com/r-barnes/ArcRasterRescue for extracting raster data
from the ArcGIS File Geodatabase (gdb) format.

Additional work, as outlined in the README.md file, needs to be done to
extend the kinds of compression the code handles, deal with issues of
endianness (the code has only been tested on a little endian system),
and better extract geotransforms and CRSs, but the program is serviceable.

I've got what I need out of this, so I don't anticipate putting too much
more active development into the program myself, but wanted to make the
community aware of it in case there are others who can benefit from it.

Best regards,
Richard