[R-sig-Geo] Climate data in R

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Mon Aug 1 21:43:16 CEST 2016

I have a similar question. Assume I've downloaded the climate data for all
the stations in the US state of Oregon, including their latitude, longitude
and elevation, using rnoaa. How do I *interpolate* climate values for an
arbitrary latitude / longitude / elevation inside a triangle defined by the
nearest stations?

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 3:24 AM Miluji Sb <milujisb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a set of coordinates. Is it possible to extract climate data
> (temperature and precipitation) by coordinates using the R packages such as
> rnoaa?
>
> For example;
>
> out <- ncdc(datasetid='ANNUAL', stationid='GHCND:USW00014895',
> datatypeid='TEMP')
>
> But instead of stationid can I pass a list of coordinates through it?
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Milu

How many people can stand on the shoulders of a giant before the giant
collapses?