[R-sig-Geo] OSGeo UK event

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Apr 22 15:50:18 CEST 2016

The UK Chapter of OSGeo is holding a FOSS4GUK conference in Southampton in June.

I am quite confident there will be at least one workshop on mapping in
R there. We're taking proposals for talks and workshops, and also
early bird tickets - the web site is here:

 http://uk.osgeo.org/foss4guk2016/

Currently the web page is mostly a list of sponsors - check out those
big names! Programme announcement will be early May.

Should be a good event, something like the OSGIS-UK meetings that we
had in Nottingham prior to the massive FOSS4G 2013 Global event.

Would be great to see MORE R at this, so please consider making a
presentation proposal, and see you there!

Barry