[R-sig-Geo] Extending sp's SpatialPoints with altitude information

Eamon Caddigan eamon.caddigan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 02:35:28 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I am looking to extend the SpatialPoints and SpatialPointsDataFrame classes
to include altitude information. Somebody recommended I check in with this
group for pointers before getting too far along on this.

I've looked around and haven't seen any other efforts to tackle this
specific problem, although I have seen the sp vignette about extending
classes. Am I missing something? Is this a bad idea?

Thanks,
Eamon Caddigan