[R-sig-Geo] [FORGED] different models

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Apr 7 12:02:54 CEST 2016

On 07/04/16 19:52, Virginia Morera Pujol wrote:
> Hi Rolf,
>
> Thank you for your very complete response. If I understand it correctly
> then, I should just include the Cartesian coordinates in my covariates
> list if I want to model the intensity specifically in relation to them
> as well as the covariates, correct?

Well, in a word, yes.  Dunno what more I can say without inducing
obfuscation instead of clarification (of what is actually a simple issue.)

The best way to get an understanding of what is involved, IMHO, is to do
some experimentation.  Fit some models to some data, plot the fitted
surfaces (either as image plots or perspective plots) and see what the
results look like.

<SNIP>

cheers,

Rolf