[R-sig-Geo] cellular automata and Markov chains in raster images

richard hewitt richjh1916 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 12:53:47 CEST 2015

Hi Daner,We've recently been working on implementing a cellular automata model in R for projecting land use and land cover change. It's not the same as the IDRISI implementation and it doesn't use Markov chains. Rather, it's based on White and Engelen's (1993) classic CA model which I think does a better job than IDRISI (the commercial implementation of this is known as Metronamica). The single land use category version of our model we called SIMLANDER, the new version which works for multiple land uses (much more useful) is called APoLUS. You can find both, as well as some documentation at the website:SIMLANDERIf it is useful in any way, we'd be very keen to have your feedback.Best,Richard

|   |
| SIMLANDERa cellular automata land use model for the R software environment |
|  |
| Ver en simlander.wordpress... | Vista previa por Yahoo |
|  |
|   |