[R-sig-Geo] fix the value of nugget

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Wed Sep 9 21:46:39 CEST 2015

On 09/09/2015 01:09 PM, Sherien Al-Azerji wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm running Universal kriking method and I need to set the value of nugget
> in the variogram model to zero even after fitting a variogram, I need the
> fitted variogram to have a zero nugget. How can I do this please.

Showing what you've tried would help. Assuming you use package gstat,
you can pass a variogram model without nugget (e.g. vgm(1, "Exp", 300) )
to fit.variogram, and no (=zero) nugget will be fitted.

> another question please, some times when I run my code I get this error
> message (LDL factor) what this mean? and how can I solve it.

It means the covariance matrix is (too close to) singular; this happens
if you have (nearly) duplicate observations, or a variogram model that
gives rise to (nearly) perfectly correlated observations, such as the
Gaussian model.