[R-sig-Geo] Robust estimation with INLA

Lucy M. mburulou at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 3 15:10:46 CEST 2015

Thanks a lot Manuel Schneider, the setting does work for slm.inla. I will check that the results have no problems.
Regards,
Lucy Mburu.

     On Thursday, September 3, 2015 10:51 AM, Manuel Schneider <manuel.schneider at agroscope.admin.ch> wrote:

 Lucy Mburu via R-sig-Geo <r-sig-geo <at> r-project.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to fit a spatial model with INLA, but I need to
> incorporate the weights of influential points. I have estimated the
> weights after running a robust regression model and stored the list of
> weights as a named vector. Is there a possibility for including this
> vector into the call for slm.inla?

In standard inla you have to set
inla.setOption("enable.inla.argument.weights", TRUE)
You can then use the weights arument in inla(). Maybe that works similarly
in sim.inla. Always check carefully, as weighting can cause unwanted results.