[R-sig-Geo] Raster multi-band time series analysis

Loïc Dutrieux loic.dutrieux at wur.nl
Mon Oct 26 14:22:54 CET 2015

Hi Victor,

I don't have much experience with beginCluster; however, I have written
a parallel version of raster::calc a little while ago that uses forking.
https://github.com/dutri001/bfastSpatial/blob/master/R/mc.calc.R

calc and overlay are analogue so that it shouldn't be too hard to extend
this function to overlay, using an undefined number of rasterStack or
Bricks as input. You will need a bit more checks and control flow at the
beginning of the function though.
I'm not sure at all whether this is the most efficient way of
parallelizing things, but it will for sure speed up your processing
compared to single core processing.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Loïc