[R-sig-Geo] spgrass6, readVECT and overwriting ?

Mathieu Rajerison mathieu.rajerison at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 13:38:35 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm using spgrass6 and I use readVECT function in a loop.

Using it causes an error because it doesn't overwrite the the temporary
shapefile..

> thin = readVECT(vname="zoneBDTOPOthin")
with_c: argument reversed from version 0.7-11 and in GRASS 6
ERROR :Layer <zoneBDTO> already exists in OGR data source
        'D:/GRASSDB/paca/mapset/.tmp'
OGR data source with driver: ESRI Shapefile
Source: "D:/GRASSDB/paca/mapset/.tmp", layer: "zoneBDTO"
with 770 features
It has 3 fields
Warning message:
running command 'v.out.ogr.exe -e -c input=zoneBDTOPOthin2 type=line
layer=1 dsn=D:/GRASSDB/paca/mapset/.tmp olayer=zoneBDTO
format=ESRI_Shapefile' had status 1

I wonder how to specify to spgrass that I want to overwrite the file in
readVECT, although I know using execGRASS and v.out.ogr with the
appropriate overwrite flags would do the job.

Thanks in advance for the answer..

Mathieu