[R-sig-Geo] indicator kriging with R

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Thu Oct 22 10:38:26 CEST 2015

Yes, this is what indicator kriging does.

What you want is probably going back from the [0..1] estimated
probabilities to the original Z values. Gstat doesn't help here, but it
shouldn't be too hard to write a function for this. You need to make
assumptions about the distribution between different cutoff values, in
particular about both extreme (open) classes. I think the GSLIB and
Goovaerts books would be the first ones to look into.