[R-sig-Geo] How to use R scripts to estimate two-weight matrix SAR models

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Oct 19 11:36:38 CEST 2015

On Sun, 18 Oct 2015, Chen Lee wrote:

> Seek expert help: How to use R scripts to estimate two-weight matrix SAR
> models? The two-weight matrix SAR model is specified as: Y=ρ1W1Y+ρ2W2Y+Xβ+ε.
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Please do not post HTML.

There are no functions in R for fitting models of this kind. Further, it
would be important to recall that the fitted coefficients on the X
variables should not be interpreted directly - rather through their
impacts, and methods using traces do not (yet) exist for computing such
impacts. So even if you try to implement a function for model fitting, you
would also need to implement a suitable impacts method. I am not aware of
any available implementations in any language, although there may be
something somewhere. So first the methods would need to be elaborated, the
inplemented and tested.