[R-sig-Geo] Calculate HIS/HSV values from RGB raster image

Kevin Wolz wolz1 at illinois.edu
Sat Oct 17 00:52:32 CEST 2015

Does anyone know if there is any pre-existing functionality to easily
calculate hue, saturation, and intensity (HSI or HSV or HIS) from RGB
raster layers?

There is the "rgb2hsv" function in the grDevices packages, but that works
on vectors or matrices of rgb values. The functions for calculating HSI
from RGB are fairly straightforward, so it' would be that bad to directly
calculate new raster layers from the RGB layers, but I'm wondering if there
are any preexisting functions. I can't seem to find any.

Thanks!
Kevin

--
Kevin Wolz