[R-sig-Geo] [FORGED] Re: density from spatstat less than zero

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Oct 16 01:02:43 CEST 2015

On 16/10/15 11:47, Christopher W. Ryan wrote:
> Thank you Rolf. The sub-zero density values are indeed extremely tiny in
> absolute value. I will try to upgrade my R and spatstat (institutional
> computer . . . ) and try again.

Just realised:  You can (of course!) work around the problem, without
upgrading, via:

ddd <- eval.im(pmax(ddd,0))

Note that you need --- for reasons that are a wee bit too complicated to
go into --- to call eval.im() explicitly in the foregoing.  I.e. you
*cannot* just do "ddd <- pmax(ddd,0)".

That being said, it would still be a good idea to upgrade --- if you can
persuade the IT weevils at your institution to cooperate.

cheers,

Rolf

--
Technical Editor ANZJS