[R-sig-Geo] testing for timing in different sections of kriging

Hodgess, Erin HodgessE at uhd.edu
Mon Oct 12 21:27:20 CEST 2015

Hello!

I'm looking at the gstat package, in particular at the krige function.  I am interested in the amount of time that different steps within the main krige function itself take.

So what I did (which is probably wrong and complete overkill) is to download the source for gstat, untar it, and then copy it to a new directory called egstat.

In the R directory, I copied krige.R to ekr1.R and changed gstat to egstat; predict to pred1.  Also, I copied gstat.R to egstat.R and predict.gstat.R to pred1.R

I changed the cleanup function to read egstat instead of gstat.  Updated the DESCRIPTION file to read egstat with a number of 1.0.0.

When I try to run "build", this is the error that I get:

-o version.o
gcc -m64 -shared -s -static-libgcc -o egstat.dll tmp.def block.o chfactor.o copy
.o data.o direct.o err.o fit.o gcdist.o getest.o gls.o glvars.o hsehldr.o init.o
ivecop.o lex.o lm.o lufactor.o machine.o mapio.o matop.o meminfo.o memory.o msi
m.o norm.o nsearch.o parse.o polygon.o pqueue.o predict.o pxop.o qrfactor.o rand
om.o read.o reml.o s.o select.o sem.o sim.o solve.o sparse.o sprow.o stat.o subm
at.o userio.o utils.o vario.o vario_fn.o vario_io.o vecop.o version.o -Ld:/RComp
ile/r-compiling/local/local320/lib/x64 -Ld:/RCompile/r-compiling/local/local320/
lib -Lc:/Progra~1/R/R-32~1.2/bin/x64 -lR
installing to C:/Users/hodgesse/AppData/Local/Temp/Rtmpkbqf0I/Rinst10a010ca1991/
egstat/libs/x64
** R
** data
** demo
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
** installing vignettes
** testing if installed package can be loaded
Error in library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib) :
  DLL 'gstat' not found: maybe not installed for this architecture?
Error: loading failed
Execution halted
ERROR: loading failed
* removing 'C:/Users/hodgesse/AppData/Local/Temp/Rtmpkbqf0I/Rinst10a010ca1991/eg
stat'
      -----------------------------------
ERROR: package installation failed

It's looking for gstat instead of egstat, but I don't know how to fix it.

This is on Windows version 7.

Thanks for any help!

Sincerely,
Erin

Erin M. Hodgess, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Computer and Mathematical Sciences
University of Houston - Downtown
mailto: hodgesse at uhd.edu<mailto:hodgesse at uhd.edu>