[R-sig-Geo] Receiving ID of polygons when intersecting SpatialPolygons(DataFrame) and SpatialPoints

Roman Luštrik roman.lustrik at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 09:28:19 CEST 2015

​Hello,

check out the example section of `?sp`.

# return the number of points in each polygon:
sapply(over(sr, geometry(meuse), returnList = TRUE), length)

r1 r2 r3 r4
50 57 48  0

where names in the result should be sufficiently informative.

sapply(slot(sr, "polygons"), slot, name = "ID")

[1] "r1" "r2" "r3" "r4"

​
Cheers,
Roman

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 9:14 AM, Vv <venek at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I am currently tackling with the sp function over.
>
> I intersect a SpatialPoints object with a SpatialPolygonsDataFrame.
> I'd like to know how I can receive the ID of the polygons within the
> Polygons slot of the SpatialPolygonsDataFrame which are intersecting the
> SpatialPoints?
>
> Overlap<-sp::over(spPoints, spPolyDataFrame, returnList=TRUE)
>
> Whenever I use over I just receive "1" as result.
>
> Or is there a way to intersect SpatialPoints with objects of class
> polygons that I miss?
>
> Best,
> Ena

In God we trust, all others bring data.